In this article, we are going make you familiarize with how to add ‘Sprints’ and associate them with user stories.
Skip Ahead to:
Sprints form a part of a release as sprints are tagged to a specific release. Each Sprint is a subset of the final Release and is built on the functionality of the prior Sprint.
- This menu is not available for the Waterfall and Kanban templates.
- The first sprint is created by default for two weeks from the current date.
Navigate to the breadcrumb at the top, hover over the Project name, expand the Plan module, and select Sprints.
Steps to Add a Sprint
- Click the ADD button.
- Enter the relevant attributes about the creation of a Sprint:
- Name: Add a suitable title for the Sprint.
- Start Date: Enter a date to indicate the planned Start Date for the sprint.
- End Date: Enter a date to indicate the planned End Date for the sprint.
- Releases: Will display the Release in the current project against which the User Stories included in the Sprint are tagged.
- Capacity (Points): The planned Sprint’s Capacity in terms of story points, which can be covered in this Sprint.
Note: The sum of the capacity of all the sprints tagged to the release should not be more than the Release Capacity.
- Teams: Teams are the list of team members who are working on the cards tagged to this sprint. All the Card owners and ToDo owners of the workitems tagged to this Sprint are from the Teams only.
- Fill in the other remaining attributes of the sprint form and click SAVE.
Other tabs that are visible:
Just like the Release drop-down field has releases shown in descending order based on the Release date, the Sprint drop-down will be sorted by descending order based on the Sprint End date for ease of usage.
- If multiple Sprints have the same End date, then the Sprints drop-down will be sorted in descending order based on the Sprint Start date.
- If multiple Sprints have the same Start and End date, then the Sprints drop-down will be sorted by ascending order based on the Sprint name.