In this article, we will help you understand how to get started with the Execution Board.
Skip Ahead to:
Scaling and embracing your Agile execution becomes easier with the Execution Board. With this board, you get a complete visualization of your Sprint actionable on a value stream that facilitates the continuous delivery of work by defining the flow, measuring velocity, and continuously improving the process.
With the Execution Board, you can jump-start with the default value stream (having lanes and columns) or further customize them, view relevant information of the workitems on a card, ensure a smooth flow of work by defining WIP limits, move your workitems across the value stream via drag-drop and measure your progress through analytics.
The Execution Board is available both at the Template for configuration purposes and project level for execution.
Some of the key features are:
- It helps you visually track the progress of all the workitems and also categorize them as per your business needs across multiple Lanes and columns.
- It also shows the blocked cards at a glance, which helps you to focus on the bottlenecks so that necessary action can be taken.
- Restrict the maximum amount of workitems in the different stages by setting the WIP limits as per your team’s capacity. It ensures a smooth workflow and an optimal level of efficiency.
- Customizing the card attributes assures that the most relevant attributes are visible to you upfront.
- My Workitems view helps you focus on your workitems to work efficiently.
- Card type cannot be modified once a card is added. If you need to change the card type, you will need to delete the card and add a new card as per your desired card type.
- Card created on one Board cannot be transferred to another Board or across Boards.
The toolbar lets you initiate a Stand-up wizard, select card view, add cards to the board, filter cards, change board zoom levels, maximize, and perform other board options such as Add card from Backlog, Refresh Board, Board Editor, Different Views on Execution Board, Card Designer, Card Color Scheme, and Display Card Images. To know more about the toolbar, click here.
The Execution board comprises lanes that are value streams and are used for managing work. Lanes are further divided into multiple columns which represent the different stages of cards.
These columns contain cards, where each card is a representation of a workitem of the current sprint. The cards can be easily moved from left to right columns as the work progresses.