The research project allows you to track and organize research projects and store relevant documents and data, and collaborate with key stakeholders like peers, faculty, and teaching assistants. By creating a consistent structure to be followed by all peers, the project ensures that all bases are covered, and no steps are missed during the preparation and submission of the research project.
Note: This menu is only available for the Research Projects template.
In the left navigation panel, expand the Recent Projects menu and select any project. Hover over the Project breadcrumb at the top, expand the Execute module, and select Research Projects.
Steps to Add a Research Project
- Click the ADD button.
- Enter the relevant attributes about the creation of a Research Project:
- Name: Enter an appropriate title that identifies the project.
- Card Owner: Assign a Card Owner for accountability
- Details and Source: Provide the necessary details and source of the project in the relevant field.
- Priority: Set the priority of the project.
- Fill in the other remaining attributes and click the SAVE button.
Default Sections in Research Project
The default sections appearing for a Research Project are Details, Linked Cards, Comments & Attachments, Activity Log, and System Fields.
Once the Research Project is created, the following tab is visible:
- Details: The Details section displays, gathers, and tracks all information related to the Research Project.
- Linked Cards: It helps you to set parent-child hierarchy and the relationship between themes/epics and workitems and trace them while working with them. For more information, click here.
- Comments & Attachments: The members can add comments related to the project item which are then listed in the Comments section. When a project item requires more data for reference, you can attach files that can be downloaded, edited, and uploaded. For more information, click here.
- Activity Log: The Activity log displays the list of operations in reverse chronological order for activities performed such as updating, closing, reopening, etc. In the Activity Log, you can view the various versions and the differences between the two versions of a workitem. For more information, click here.
- System Fields: All the system-generated fields or un-editable fields are listed in the System Fields segment. To know more, click here.